Monday, October 1, 2012

Sounds Fishy

We have seen many foods that are just downright strange.  A couple of days ago we went to a restaurant recommended by Rick Steves, a traveler that writes books about the places he has been. It was called Polskie Smaki.  I looked at the menu and it said "trout roasted in butter".  I thought it sounded good and ordered it.  I was startled that when we got our food I got a fish that looked like it came straight from the river. The fish was staring at me with everything from head to tail, minus the eyes.  I ate it and it was pretty good once you pulled out the spine.  once I was done I dissected it.  I know I am not supposed to play with my food, but it was way too tempting.  I found the brains, his skull and his jaw.  



     A few days before that we got a recommendation from an american at church.  He told us that we should go to Moaburger and that they had massive burgers.  Moaburger was right next to the town square so we found it fairly easily. We ordered there and got these things that looked like they had two huge pancakes and a cow in between.  They were super delicious and unhealthy (I'm guessing).



3 comments:

  1. My second comment ever. (Just learning how) Those "hamburgers" look huge. Did you finish them?
    And the fish--and your disecting it. Sounds really gross. Was it "fun" or was it disgusting? Were you able to eat that meal--or just study it?
    Grandpa Hull

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fish dinner was interesting...glad you tried it and liked it...I prefer mine minus the head and tail!!!
    Grandma Giles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun dissecting the fish and I ate it.

    ReplyDelete