Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Orczy Kaland Park (better than Sam's)


Yesterday we went to Orczy Kalandpark. We bought a 2 hour pass for everyone, but my mom and dad (my dad was working and my mom took pictures). Two hours is longer than it seems, at about 1 hour we were tired, but kept going. The park had various challenges using cables and wood. You are up in the trees and go from tree to tree until you reach the end. Some of the challenges had a metal cord you walk across or wooden planks you try to balance on. We all thought that Jenna would be scared to go up high in the trees, but she proved us wrong. She might have had the most fun out of everyone. We decided that the first one to fall would bring shame to our family and it just so happened that I fell of first. Jenna fell of second (on the same one as me only smaller and closer to the ground), Joe and Sam didn't fall of at all. They had zip lines as well. You strap on a caribiner with wheels so that only the wheels are touching the cord. Then you fall of the platform and zip through the forest. It was a ton of fun, the only bad thing is that at the end of the zip line you ran into a tree (with pads). If you didn't make it all the way on the zip line you had to pull yourself towards the end and it was hard to do that since you were basically pulling your whole weight, and it didn't help that your hands are all red from past challenges. By the end we were all exhausted and had a ton of fun


Watch out for that tree!!!

Joe in the trees

2 comments:

  1. I don't know that your comments are better than Sam's--they are different. I liked them all because that way I learn more about what the whole ropes course is all about. Great job--tell us more.
    Grandpa Hull

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned that one of those pictures is actually a little video--that looked pretty cool! Was that Jenna on the zip line?
    It looked really fun--would I be too old to do that?
    Grandpa Hull

    ReplyDelete