Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fruit Juices in Poland

When I saw the fruit juices in the grocery store I got excited thinking they would be as good as the ones I had in South Africa years ago.  I couldn't read the words so I relied on the pictures but I didn't look too closely.  If you look at both of these you'd think you were getting some yummy apple juice, right?!?

A closer look at the pictures would have revealed some interesting combinations.  The one on the left is apple, litchi (walnut-sized and shaped with a hard shell and a tang), and mint.  The one on the right is apple and mint.  I think the apple/litchi/mint could grow on me.  The apple/mint tastes and smells like a dentist's office.  I can't see myself liking this combination, ever.


After learning our lesson with the pictures we looked a lot more closely the next time we bought juice.  The leaves in the pictures are not mint leaves, etc.  These were my two favorites:  banana on the left and apple on the right.  Drinking both juices was just like drinking the respective fruit.  They were soooo good.  I hope we can find these kinds of juices everywhere we go.


1 comment:

  1. We find here in the Philippines that a casual glance at the picture often results in a surprise--and often times, not a fun surprize. Sounds like Poland and Philippines have something in common. G. Hull

    ReplyDelete