Monday, October 1, 2012

Jewish Cemeteries [BY JENNA]


We went to a Jewish cemetery in Krakow, Poland.  Sam, Seth, Joe and my dad had to cover their heads because that's what the Jewish people did.

A lot of the graves had ivy and weeds growing on them. There were lots of spider webs too.

A lot of the graves were broken.  Hitler's helpers destroyed the graves to build other things.  Some of the graves have been fixed.

It was called the new cemetery but it looks really old.  We also went to the old cemetery but it looked newer.

This is in the New Cemetery
A path in the New Cemetery
Some of the broken gravestones
Ivy growing on a grave
Me by some broken graves
One of the spider webs
A memorial wall made of broken grave stones.  
More broken gravestones
This is the Old Cemetery, but it looks newer than the New Cemetery
Joe, Seth and Sam with their heads covered.  This is inside a Jewish  Synagogue
.

4 comments:

  1. Jenna, I loved your descriptions of those cemetaries. They do look really old--they are probably even older than I am! Those were really neat pictures. Please keep sending blogs. Now that I know how I will comment more often. Grandpa Hull

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jenna, for all the pictures and information...I am learning so much from your blog. sorry the bus ride made you fill ill. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. luxury beach resorts italy

    ReplyDelete
  4. To nominate the Luxury Hotel Il Salviatino in Florence, Italy as one of the world's best luxury hotels would be to undermine it. luxury hotel in italy

    ReplyDelete