Thursday, December 6, 2012

Rain in India

In the middle of our hostel there is what looks like a swimming pool with no water in it.  During the day, it rained for a little then stopped, then rained for a little then stopped.  When evening came it was raining cows and dogs (we are in India so you have to include cows).  The swimming pool started filling up and what did we do?  Got soaking wet of course.  We had races through the swimming pool and got really wet.  The water was a few inches high and we were loving it.  Then we went on the roof which is really flat with stone wall so it was like a swimming pool too.  It was really dark so we played hide and seek.  One time, when I was walking at the bottom of the stairs I slipped and fell on my back.  I hobbled around for a little bit, but after that I was fine.  When we went to bed it was still raining and it kept raining until about 1 AM.
Jenna in the empty swimming pool wearing a saree

The swimming pool filling up

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Elaine. I really enjoyed the turkey incident too!!! You are so bold and adventurous. Glad your back is ok and the 1 ft cut!!

    ReplyDelete