Sunday, December 30, 2012

Market in Udon Thani [BY JENNA]

Last night we went to an outdoor market.  We got some really good chicken on a stick and some really good pork on a stick.  We tried lots of different foods including deep fried frogs.  They were crunchy like potato chips, but I didn't like them.  We got some waffles, some with cream inside that were really good, some chocolate chips, and my mom got almond waffle.  My dad got pad thai for dinner. 

We looked at lots of shops.  I got a purple scarf and three sets of earrings.  My brothers all got soccer shirts.  I wanted to take a taxi back to our hotel because my feet were really tired.  Instead we walked because it wasn't very far. We stopped by 7-11 and I got a root beer to drink.

Fish cooking.

Seth looking at a bunch of bugs.

Squid on a stick.


This is me standing in front of my dad.

Bugs. Ewwww.

Me by deep fried frogs.

2 comments:

  1. My kids loved the bug food. Yum! You are very brave to try all these new foods. Good for you. We love reading all about your adventures. What a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine myself eating bugs, or even frogs. You Corbridge kids are a lot less timid about food than I am. You'll do fine in the Philippines!. We love you--and we love reading about your adventures. Grandpa Hull

    ReplyDelete