Monday, December 31, 2012

Food Adventure- Deep Fried Frogs

At the night market in Udon Thani there were these stalls that had boiled bugs on them. There were cockroaches, worms, locusts, frogs, and beetles. I wanted to try one and I told my dad that I would try one if he did, my dad didn't want to so I just went ahead and tried some. I looked at all of my options and chose frogs. The stall owner got a little dish full of frogs and put them in a bag and sprayed it with some sort of sauce. I chose a frog and bit off one of its legs. It was crunchy with a touch of salt, but no other flavor. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't ready to eat its head so I just finished the legs and was done. Once I had tried it and not died the rest of my family tried it. They barely took a nibble out of the frogs legs (don't be fooled by the pictures). Once we were all done we found a trash can and threw them away.
Me with a frog leg in my mouth

Me taking a bite of a frog

Sam pretending to take a big bite 

a pile of frogs

Jenna with a frog






2 comments: