Friday, January 4, 2013

River Fun in Laos [BY JENNA]


Today I went on a tour  that included tubing on a river in a cave,  jumping off a high platform (a really high scary platform) into the river and kayaking (for 2 hours).   All of those things combined took about 7 hours, it was a LONG day (for me at least.)

When we got in the cave in was a bit tight, but we made it.  In the cave we were on tubes  and the water was really cold.  Through the cave there was a long rope and we all had to hold on to it to get through the cave.  Sometimes it was to shallow so we had to stand up and carry the tubes.   Some parts I didn't have to pull my self on the rope, I was right by the tour guide and he let me hold on to his tube.  We had headlamps and one time the tour guide told us to turn off our headlamps and then it was really dark.'

One of the tour guides jumped off a high platform and it looked fun, so I wanted to do it too.  It was scary going down but I had a life jacket so it was okay.  My brothers Seth and Sam also jumped off the platform.  I jumped off the platform four times.

We started kayaking by being pushed out into the river.  Then we started to row.  The tour guide that jumped off the platform splashed me so I tried to splash him back but when I tried, he splashed me.  For the first hour I rode with Sam and for the second hour I rode with my dad.  I wanted to take a break from rowing every 5 minutes because I was tired but I couldn't because I was usually in the back.  It was fun but I was really tired after we were done.

Me entering the cave

In the back of a truck with the kayaks on top

Eating lunch after tubing in the cave

Me jumping off the high platform

After jumping in the river

Kayaking on the river

Kayaking on the river

Me and my dad in a kayak

3 comments:

  1. What fun adventures you are having! Jenna, that platform you jumped from looks really high! I'm not sure I would be brave enough to do that one time. You did it 4 times? What a girl!
    We love reading your blogs.! Grandpa Hull

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kayaking looks so fun. I'm not sure I would have liked the dark tunnel too much unless it was really short. Everytime I look at your blog I think it's just amazing what you are doing. I'm glad you're able to do so many neat things. We sure missed not having you here for the holidays this year. It seemed a little lonely with so many of the family away. Love you all---Kim

    ReplyDelete