Sunday, January 20, 2013

I get my feet sucked off by tons of little fish

A couple of days ago at the night market, we came across a massage shop and at the front of the shop were 3 big tanks of water with tons of little fish in them.  In one of the tanks some people had their feet  and it looked like all the fish were eating their feet.  The idea was that all the fish ate off all the dead skin cells on your feet.  I wanted to try it, but the rest of my family was not so enthusiastic about the idea.  Finally my dad agreed to do it with me.  We washed our feet before putting them in the tanks (probably so we didn't kill the fish) then we walked over to the tank.  I let my dad go first and all the fish rushed to his feet.  It looked like he was in pain so I was hesitant to put my feet in.  Once I did it felt like my feet were asleep, but only in little areas of my feet.  I never got used to the feeling.  Usually it didn't hurt, but once in a while a bigger fish would bite, which would feel like a small pinch. When we were nearing the end of our time Jenna wanted a turn to so she came up for a few minutes.  When we got out I didn't notice any difference in my feet, but my dad said that his felt a lot better.

my dads first reaction

My dads feet

Us three at the end

5 comments:

  1. Wow--I didn't know that the fish could kind of hurt a little! Now I'm not so sure I want to try! Hahaa...but I also have really ticklish feet!

    This is Alisa, from church. I can't locate Elaine via Facebook...can you get her to email me?! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could ever do that--you are amazingly brave to try it. I like my feet just like they are--except they are getting a little old, just like the rest of me. We always love your blogs!
    Love, Grandpa Hull

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something sounds fishy! Grandma Hull

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a shop like that in prague! It kind of scared me.... Thats a funny picture though! -Alyssa Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite blog entry thus far! Valerie

    ReplyDelete