Thursday, January 10, 2013

Accidental Food Donation

Yesterday we arrived at the river side before the boat was ready for us. We sat down, took our packs off, and cleaned up our food bag from the previous day (we try to put together a food bag for our long travel days). After cleaning out the food bag the boat was ready for us and so we boarded the boat.



After boarding the boat Seth and I agreed to go get food to re-stock our food bag for the day's journey. On our way from the boat up the hill to the food vendors I noticed that we had left a grocery bag where we had been sitting. I recognized the bag and remembered that it had some trash, bananas, and half of one of the previous day's baguettes. I like bananas and the baguette really wasn't that old and so I thought I'd grab them. When I looked in the bag the bananas and half-baguette were gone but the trash was still there.

At first I was offended that someone had taken our food. Then I was instantly contrite and humble when I realized that whoever took it probably needed it. Then I strategized how I could use this technique to provide "food donations" anonymously in the future. Thanks for reading.

1 comment: