Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cooking Class [BY JENNA]

We went to a Thai cooking class.  We started out going to a market.  Our teacher showed us where they got the food, but they did not buy any of the food.  They gave us a menu to choose what kind of soup, noodles, and curry.  The soup I chose was called Chicken Coconut Soup, the noodles I chose was called Fried Noodle Thai Style, and the curry I chose was called Panang Curry.  When we got to the cutting station they had cutting boards and huge knifes set out.  We cut lots of vegetables and fruit.  When the knife was placed right in front of me I just couldn't stand it I had to play with it. When we cut all of the fruits and vegetables we went to a cooking station they had pans out for us to cook.  When I stirred above the pan me hand just about fell off.  By the time we were done cooking the let us eat the food.  When we were done eating our food we were full.
 I have some pictures to show you.

This is where they got there vegatables

This is Seth standing by the entrance

Me with the huge knife

Me and my family

Me with my Chicken Coconut soup

We worked so hard for this curry paste

Me cutting with my huge knife

Me cooking 

Me mashing some curry paste

Me cooking

Me with my curry

They told we could have a break

The teacher lighting someones food on fire .  It was on purpose

3 comments:

  1. That looks pretty fun. Do you still have all of your fingers? Love, Grandma Hull

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed,Jenna! It looks so good!! Love you, Grandma Giles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, your post makes my mouth water! Thai food is my favorite and it appears that you had an authentic introduction. We'll miss you in the Beijing Primary. Take care, and I hope we meet again. ~Sister Cutting
    http://twograyhairs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete