Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Change of Perspective

Almost three years ago Rich found out that his job had been sent off to India without him.  What a blow to lose your employment.  I remember feeling so helpless and almost trapped in our situation.  I felt so limited in the possibilities of our future.  Thankfully he had a side business that kept us going as it took several months to find a new job that was a good fit.  That new job allowed him to work from home which in turn allowed him to work from "home" around the world.  What a fantastic opportunity for our family.  An opportunity that we hadn't even dreamed about before, but has been an incredible experience.




A few months ago while we were in Australia, Rich got word that his job had once more come to an end.  I think it's one of the risks of working in the technology field.  Thankfully, once again, the side business is still doing well.  After the initial shock of job loss,  I thought I would have similar feelings to four years ago, but I really haven't.  After our adventures of this past year my feelings are very different. Maybe I am living in a dream world, but I do not feel helpless or trapped in our situation.   Just the opposite, I feel like the world and the possibilities are wide open to us.  What a difference a change of perspective can make.  I really don't know what is in our future as far as Rich's job is concerned but I have a much wider vision than I did a few years ago and I am excited about the opportunities available to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment