Friday, September 7, 2012

First Days in Prague


After our whirlwind visits to Philadelphia, Boston, and New York we arrived in Prague tired and ready for a break.  So that is exactly what we have done for the past few days.  We have not done one tourist thing yet.  That will change tomorrow when we tour the Prague Castle.  So what have we been doing here?  Recovering from jet lag, getting cell phones/internet set up, laundry, catching up on school, walking around the neighborhood and trying out some different foods.  It has actually been a very relaxing few days.

Even though this is a big city, the area we are staying in doesn't feel big and crowded (at least not compared to NYC).   The streets have lots of little shops that specialize in one thing.  For example, one sells lights, one sells meat, one sells school supplies, one sells cell phones and you get the idea.   We have found the people to be friendly and willing to help.   The language really hasn't been a problem as enough people speak a little English.  When they don't speak English a little charades usually gets the point across.  So overall, even though we haven't seen any of the usual tourist attractions yet, we are enjoying our time here in Prague.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't see many comments on your last few posts. Just so you know someone is reading, it is really fun to hear about your travels. It's cool to hear from the kids to see what they think of the places you've been. Travel safe and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Prague. When I was a kid and we lived in Germany we went there a number of times. Then went back with my sister when I was in college. I remember the big clock tower in the middle of a big square. It puts on quite the show every hour. I also remember crossing the stone bridges across the river. When I was kid they used to sell puppets and make them walk along side us. We ate delightful treats in Prague and saw so many cool things. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. We LOOOOVE hearing from people. Prague is a neat place. I think I could really enjoy it if we were staying longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now, I am here in Prague! I loved seeing your pictures, since I am touring those buildings this week. I'm excited to see the Prague Castle and Charles Bridge. You guys look like you're havig a lot of fun. The ward misses you'r family. Have a great rest of your trip! ~Alyssa Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete