Monday, August 20, 2012

Monuments at Night

Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln are all monuments in Washington DC. There are many ways to see the monuments such as: day time, night time, on a paddle boat, or segway.  I have seen them in each of these ways except for segway.  My favorite way of seeing them is at night.  The monuments are all bright and lit up and everything else is dark.  They really stand out that way.  The only bad part of seeing them at night was that we walked to them and got bit a lot by mosquitos.

My favorite monument is the Lincoln. I like the patterns of light and dark when the lights are on at night.  I also like how Abraham Lincoln stands out from the rest of the monument because of the way he is lit up.  The lighter parts look like an arch to me with Abraham Lincoln sitting underneath.  The big stairs and pillars make it look like it is for a big person.  He was tall but I think he was more important than tall.  From far away at night you can see lots of camera flashes.

If you ever have chance to see the monuments, see them at night.  These pictures show why you should.
The Lincoln Memorial
Abraham Lincoln sitting on a curl chair

Washington Monument

Jefferson Memorial
The Jefferson Memorial


No comments:

Post a Comment