Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lake Matheson

We've been in New Zealand for a few weeks now, and I think it's my favorite place we've been to. Everything is green, and the people speak English. We avoided big cities and stuck to nature, and we've been on a ton of hikes. We've seen a few waterfalls, and some awesome beaches, but I think our favorite was Lake Matheson.

Lake Matheson is basically this super reflective lake by a mountain. The first night we went, it was all ripply and not good for reflecting, but we decided to come back the next morning. It was amazing. Here's a picture:

Yes, I did take this.



1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing photo. If I didn't know you better I would accuse you of doing "fake" photography. Your photo of Lake Matheson reminds me a great deal of Beverly Dolittle's painting. (I think that's her name--can't remember for sure. I never saw Lord of the Rings, but that mountain is beautiful, and I like the real one better than the movie version.
    I have never been to New Zealand, but I'm glad you are enjoying your experience there. My good friend, Jim, served his mission there. He thought it was magnificent country.
    Love, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete