Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tioman Island


Here in Malaysia on the island of Tioman we have been staying on a beach. Everyday the tide is super high and super low.  Every time the tide is low I have gone and looked for shells. There are four beaches that we have been to on the island. The beach normally has no one on it. 

 At each beach I have found different types of shells. At one of the beaches I found a bunch of cone shaped shells. On that same beach a monkey opened our backpack, opened a package of crackers and took some crackers. A monkey also took our trash. At another beach I found a bunch on Hermit crab Shells.

I have found some really cool shells. Often I have have to dig for the shells or go out in the water and look. There are so many different colors and shapes of shells. There are so many shells I can not walk on the beach without stepping on some. 

I have named each type of shell. Biter is a shell that looks like it has teeth. Ice Cream looks like a scoup of ice cream with chocolate sauce on it. The Pyramids have cools bumps and colors and are in the shape of a cone. Swirly is  a long skinny shell with little bumps all over it.

Jenna and I have both been finding and collecting shells. We like to go out on the balcony and trade shells. We have been here for 10 days so I have quite a big collection. Here are some pictures of where I got my shells. I will and pictures of the shells on an update.

Monkey beach where I found lots of my shells
Beach near where  we stayed

beach near where we stayed

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so fun. Glad you and Jenna are enjoying doing things together. Grandma Hull

    ReplyDelete